Saturday 15 June 2013

Day One


I've been thinking about it for a while. Ever since I discovered that trail running series a few months ago, I've wanted to become a Gnarly Bandit. It was too late to do it in 2013, but 2014 will be the year : five races, four of them 100 miles, the last one 100k. Moslty technical single trail with decent elevation, I've got some serious training to do.
My wonderful hudband Garth was once again my resounding board a couple weeks ago when I set out to draft my training program for the next 9 months. I had just finished a great race in the region where I grew up, my parents waiting for me at the finish  line, and I thought it was time to prepare my comeback to running during my recovery time.
This morning, while we were having coffee on the patio and enjoying the quiet morning and the birds singing, I was mentioning I'd just read the Swiss Miss Blog, from our friend Iris who's running Badwater for the fourth time this year, and the idea was thrown : why not write a blog to help me with the training, keep track of what I'm doing, see my progresssion.

Right now is time to go back to the backyard and get some dirt under my fingernails again. I'm still in reovery and not running, maybe I'll go for a bike ride and an short walk later, or tomorrow. Next week I shall go to the Rouge for the usual loop, before running along Ryan Barrett at his Solstice Run, for however long my legs will allow me.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Veronique! Can't wait to read all about it how you became a Gnarly Bandit!

    ReplyDelete